Sr. Director, P&C Strategy & Product Development
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The P&C Product Development Senior Director will be responsible for leading and managing key P&C product strategies to support Assurant P&C growth initiatives in our Multifamily Housing Business.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
- Thinks innovatively with willingness to adapt, change, and leverage technology to more effectively deliver results.
- Strategically leads a cross-functional team that includes Product Development and Management function, Legal, Compliance, Actuarial, Forms/Filings, Claims, Customer Service, Marketing, and IT to co-design, negotiate issues and make decisions.
- Develops underwriting strategies to effectively manage product profitability.
- Works with sales and marketing to build plans for new products, including business to business client service and customer service including customer acquisition, underwriting process, and ongoing customer support.
- Ensures the monitoring of programs post- launch against key metrics (ex. financial, regulatory, customer service) and makes recommendations for enhancements.
- Communicates product performance with key stakeholders including cross functional support leaders.
- Support new product strategies, analysis, and business approval.
- Stay abreast of new product innovation in markets of interest.
- No direct reports.
- The individual in this position may be expected to hire a team as we grow.
- Team manages a P&L that is greater than $300M.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- 8 years of Financial Services or Insurance industry business experience.
- 6 years of experience in insurance product management, technology, and underwriting.
- B.S./B.A. degree
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- M.B.A. or equivalent advanced degree.
- 6 years of experience in leading teams.
- P&C Insurance Experience including underwriting.
- Proven ability to think innovatively, develop processes, and execute.
- Broad based P&C industry knowledge.
- Strong project management organizational skills to effectively manage cross functional teams and complete multiple complex tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to draw upon a broad base of technical skills to creatively solve complex product development challenges.
- Experience delivering innovative technology solutions to the P&C market including the use of data to more effectively underwrite.
- Experience successfully implementing customer acquisition strategies involving underwriting a product.
- Experience successfully communicating with, selling to, and obtaining the support of senior leadership on new initiatives.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate product implementation strategy and corresponding operating procedures to all levels within the company.