Application Development Manager I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG is hiring a strategic application development manager who is responsible for the planning, organizing, monitoring and overseeing all aspects of application development for our life insurance operation. Communicate a clear vision of how the life systems leverage UFG IT departmental architectural and programming best practices as well as those areas that are unique to the life systems. This role will manage a team of application developers by creating an environment that enables peak performance by all members.▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
- Provide strategic management for a team of application developers for our life insurance operation.
- Develop, manage and execute the strategic advancement of applicable systems and programs.
- Provide leadership and expertise with respect to planning and establishing goals and policies to improve processes and procedures.
- Creates and nurtures a teamwork environment and supports or participates as project team member.
- Assists in maintaining departmental standards, work instructions, job descriptions, and procedures.
- Responsible for the investigation and implementation of new technology and able to suggest new and innovative ways to apply it.
- Develops new and cost effective methods for better efficiency within the department.
- Assist in project meetings, gathering information relevant to department planning and resource management.
- Keep business leaders informed of progress on all strategic projects.
- Explain complex, technical issues in language that non-technical business leaders can understand.
- Strong coaching capabilities with a passion for growing team members
- Aligned with UFG company mindset of not conforming to old ways of thinking, but rather able to lead team to consider and apply new thinking in pursuit of business objectives.
- Four-year college degree in computer science, information technology or other related technical field
- Minimum 10 years of advanced level application development work experience 7 – 10 years of work experience in a technical leadership role
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to provide direction, motivation and feedback to employees; achieve project objectives through the work of others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to describe complex, highly-technical issues using simple, clear and precise language.
- Excellent analytical skills; strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- General knowledge of project management methodology.
- General management skills necessary for planning, organizing and prioritizing workloads.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines.
▼ Read more