System Support Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2015 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes' America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for both 2014 and 2015. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
As a system support specialist you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. You will provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers. You will be accountable to assist with all technology-related inquiries from our independent insurance agents, policyholders, employees and others. Inquiries can be related to our company websites, agency system interface programs, internal systems, hardware, software, phones, Citrix, MS Office, etc.
If you're a team player who enjoys working with customers to solve their technological questions, then read on to learn what it takes to join our outstanding organization.
▼ Read moreResponsibilities:
The hours for this position are Monday through Friday 10:00a.m. to 6:30p.m. CST. For training purposes initially, the hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Provide superior first call resolution customer service.
- Deliver technical support to diagnose, investigate and resolve user issue.
- Educate and walk user through problem solving process.
- Responsible for recording all issues received via phone calls, emails and voicemail into the ticketing system.
- Establish and continually increase working knowledge of United Fire Groups systems, screens, navigation, procedures and processing requirements.
- Perform consistent follow up with users to ensure complete resolution and user satisfaction.
- Recommend procedure modifications and improvements.
- Contribute to overall team effectiveness and knowledge by sharing problem-solving advice and procedures.
- Two–year college degree and/or three or more years of insurance experience required.
- Experience with computers, software and hardware.
- Previous IT help desk or call center experience preferred.
- Strong trouble shooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to understand technical issues and the ability to apply resolutions accurately and quickly.
- Be able to work independently while remaining closely connected to the team.
- Posse strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to handle multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.