- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Serve as the liaison between various business units and the IT Department.
- Analyze business needs by examining the current processes, defining new processes, identifying problems and offering solutions.
- Document and translate business requirements into systems specification documentation including use cases, wireframes and workflow diagrams.
- Collaborate with developers to determine functionality options and associated level of effort and to communicate any tradeoffs between usability and cost to the business units.
- Work with stakeholders across all business units, subject matter experts and third party entities, reconciling conflicts and presenting information in a manner the business units can review and approve.
- Provide production support to end users and assisting the help desk in resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Facilitate successful implementation by working with the project managers to develop project plans, interacting with the Quality Assurance Team to resolve issues and coordinating/managing the User Acceptance Testing effort.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business analyst role or project manager/business analyst role.
- Project management experience is a plus as well as vendor management.
- Solid understanding of the Quality Assurance process and experience with creating/executing test cases and logging application defects.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Insurance industry experience is required; Property & Casualty Insurance knowledge a significant plus
- Detail Oriented
- Technical and Database knowledge with an understanding of computer programming
- Strong skills in Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- MS Project
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with a strong customer service orientation.
Apply for Business Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly