Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
*PLEASE NOTE: This job posting is for the AALDP (actuarial specific) internship program in St. Paul, MN:
The Actuarial and Analytic Leadership Development Summer Internship Program (AALDP) provides qualified students an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand business experience, receive valuable on-the-job training, and learn about the many actuarial and analytic positions available in the insurance industry. Interns are provided exposure to all levels of management and have the chance to collaborate and network with other development programs during business workshops, work assignments, and social events.
The AALDP interns are viewed as a primary source of future candidates for entry-level actuarial and analytic careers within the company. They receive challenging work assignments that add value and impact the business.
We offer paid intern positions in Hartford, CT and St. Paul, MN.
- Challenging professional work experience in the insurance industry
- Business overviews and career development workshops
- Interaction with all levels of management
- Formal mentoring program
- Competitive hourly rate
- Subsidized apartments are available for students who live beyond a commutable distance
Positions are available beginning in late May or early June and last approximately 10-12 weeks.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Statistics (other analytic majors will also be considered)
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Related internships or work experience helpful
- Preferred cumulative overall GPA of 3.2 or greater
- One scheduled, taken, and/or passed CAS/SOA exam helpful
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Extra-curricular involvement on campus or in the community
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE