Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Our Financial Management Internship Program provides qualified students an excellent opportunity to gain first-hand business experience in the insurance industry through challenging assignments that will utilize and develop their technical skills as well as their overall business knowledge. Interns are also provided opportunities to attend career development workshops and to interact with all levels of management. These exciting positions are complemented by business seminars, social functions, a mentor program and a competitive compensation package.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
FMLDP Internship responsibilities may include:
- Creation and analysis of management information
- Activity-based costing
- Project management
- Cost/benefit analysis
- Product line profitability analysis
- Modeling/database implementation and analysis
- Internal audit/Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Financial reporting and analysis (corporate and business units)
Successful performance during the Internship could lead to full time opportunities in our Financial Management Leadership Development Program (FMLDP) which has been in place for 30 years. FMLDP graduates currently hold leadership positions in our business segments and corporate support organizations, including positions as chief financial officers, finance directors, business unit presidents, and a variety of other highly visible positions.
The Internship program is based in Hartford, CT and St. Paul, MN. Positions are available in our Business Units and Corporate Departments. Subsidized apartments are available for students who live beyond a commutable distance from Hartford, CT or St. Paul, MN. Positions are available beginning in May or early June through the end of the summer.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Undergraduate students completing their Junior year or eligible for full time hire within one year of internship is required
- Preferred 3.2 GPA or greater and successful completion of at least 1 accounting course
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Initiative and active contributor with activities
- Motivation to succeed and seeking a long term career opportunity
- Related work experience, including internships
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Accounting (Opportunity to gain work experience that qualifies for CPA certification)
- Business Administration or Management
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE