Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The primary function of this position is to drive the strategic vision, business architecture and roadmap for the enterprise-wide Digital Content Management portfolio, including content management platforms, taxonomy, and search.
This position will partner closely with leaders in all business areas across the enterprise, along with Technology Architecture, to:
(a) Develop digital capability vision, strategies, blueprints, roadmaps;
(b) Guide experience design
(c) Provide input to govern delivery execution and maximize enterprise value realization for digital capability investments, in alignment with strategy.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Strategic Planner: Responsible for definition, adoption and governance of digital capability strategy, including: assessments, vision, business architecture, and roadmap
- Review & assess Travelers vs. competitive digital landscape
- Facilitate definition, adoption and governance of enterprise digital capability vision, guiding principles, business architecture, and roadmap
- Identify business process, operations & technology dependencies/impacts
- Guide technology fit assessment/vendor selection (as needed)
Value Champion: Promote enterprise value realization for digital capability investments
- Develop & socialize enterprise value proposition for proposed digital investments
- Align & govern eBusiness capability design & benefits realization across the enterprise
- Identify/evaluate digital capability & experience optimization opportunities
Innovator: Facilitate identification, evaluation and awareness of eBusiness capability innovation opportunities
- Gather/synthesize business partner & operations insights across the enterprise
- Identify, evaluate and promote digital innovation opportunities
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- 5 years experience with substantial exposure to strategic transformation, business architecture design, and strategic governance within a large corporate environment
- Experience with digital content management systems and defining taxonomies.
- Experience defining strategic direction for digital/mobile capabilities, and/or leading a team of digital architects through large scale and/or enterprise-wide initiatives
- Insurance Industry experience
- Ability to assess & define strategic vision/capabilities/roadmap in an eBusiness
- Ability to develop relationships inside the organization and across the industry to identify trends and strategies
- Solid operational knowledge of insurance, technology, strategy development, analytics
- Ability to actively lead cross-enterprise executive level collaboration
- Excellent oral, written and communications skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Architecture, Information Management or related field preferred or equivalent 7 years professional experience in a strategic business delivery role.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Able to develop digital solutions by applying accepted processes or creating new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information.
- Sees the big picture, and is fully aware of digital technology and business directions.
- Has department, corporate and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers.
- Keeps apprised of industry & digital trends and applies this knowledge to business strategy.
- Effectively assesses the long-term and short-term implications of decisions on the department, corporation and group.
- Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence Senior Leadership through an inclusive style and credibility.
- Demonstrates analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory.
- The success of the team is above own interest.
- Manages cross-functional objectives and/or priorities supporting assigned business area(s).
- Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for decision making. Results reviewed periodically according to predefined objectives.
- Commitment to Quality Result - Provides direction and effectively leads by example to ensure that all capabilities are meeting the stated business objectives on a timely basis, with excellent quality, at a reasonable cost.
- Influences, communicates and collaborates.
- Effective at documentation and presentation.
- Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs, and effectively communicates in a manner consistent with the audience.
- Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of digital technology, from both a short-term and long-term perspective.
- Supports all planning and budgeting/estimating done on a project level and is supportive of the business strategic plans.
- Responsible for important and confidential information.
- Operates standard office equipment (Occasionally)
- Sitting (Can stand at will) (Frequently)
- Standing (Occasionally)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE