Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
As a Technical Lead you are responsible for the end to end design and implementation of a business intelligence application through expert ETL knowledge and/or analysis skills.
This position offers excellent opportunities for technical and leadership growth. We seek professionals with stable and consistent track records.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Lead day to day running of technical aspects of a project
* Working with the project team to ensure timely delivery
* Assisting Information Architects on high level design
* Respond to technical questions/issues related to the project
* Ensure technical excellence and skills of development staff through training, valuation and continued development
* Enforce standards, best practices and tool usage within the team
* Ensure completion of code reviews
* Lead tasking/estimating for stories and defects
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience, minimum 5 years of work experience in related field Typically has 7 or more years of experience.
* Ab Initio or similar ETL Software Suites
* Data Warehouse development
* Database technology such as Teradata, SQL Server & Oracle
* Hands-on experience designing, developing and optimizing complex solutions that move and/or manipulate large volumes of data.
* Hands-on experience and proficiency with SQL preferred.
* Hands-on experience and proficiency with Unix preferred.
* Hands-on experience and proficiency with Big Data environments preferred.
* Working knowledge and use of BI/DW development methodologies, standards and procedures
* Experience working with onshore and offshore resources
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Has master level knowledge of multiple programming disciplines and a thorough understanding of the business that the assigned projects are supporting. Uses this understanding of the business and systems environment to develop appropriate and timely solutions to daily issues. Has conceptual knowledge of varying technologies and the ability to make decisions based on that knowledge
Business Knowledge & Partnership
Creates an atmosphere where business partner's issues are dealt with professionally, and in a timely manner. Suggests solutions that make sense and optimize the value of assigned projects. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Recognizes the importance of superior quality in providing a competitive edge. Ensures that reports are precise, timely and accurate
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or where information is available but must be further manipulated. Once decisions are made, is able to follow and direct action to implement intended results. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Openly and directly confronts conflict until resolved
Builds relationships with peers and other departments to achieve objectives, to work as one team and to secure necessary resources not under his/her personal control. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interest
Supports a distinct business unit or several smaller functions. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding
Planning and Project Management
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE