Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Senior Director, Business Architecture serves in a senior level on a division level Business Architecture competency leadership team supporting multiple business units, functional areas and technology platforms.
The Senior Director, Business Architecture supports the Business Architecture practice and framework across Business Insurance collaborating with business leadership, Execution Leads and IT architecture.
This leader ensures alignment of roadmaps to business strategies and capability needs.
This leader also has influence on and accountability for the continuous maturation of the business architecture practice within Business Insurance.
Has responsibility to support the creation of foundational deliverables across Business Insurance and alignment to the Enterprise Business Architecture practice.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
(may include all or the majority but not limited to these components):
* Support the establishment of the Business Architecture practice within Business Insurance
* Execute the established business architecture framework and best practices for a variety of BI strategies.
o Support and facilitate the definition of goals and objectives within a strategy
o Decomposition of strategy into capabilities and assessment of such
o Prioritization of initiatives/projects is support of the execution of the strategy
* Support the creation of foundational deliverables within the architecture practice such as capability heat maps, scorecards and roadmaps
* Build relationships with BI business customers and BI leadership
* Ensure alignment of execution roadmaps to capability maps
* Advocates for the appropriate use of technology to develop and/or improve the organization's processes.
* Serve as a change agent for new techniques and approaches.
* Serve as a mentor to other business architects on team to develop individual skills
* Balance objectives and priorities in support of business strategies across multiple business units.
* May be accountable for leading a team of business architects. Accountable for supporting team to achieve deliverables.
- Set appropriate goals for the team and monitors progress against them.
- Maintain engagement with all assigned staff on a regular basis and removes obstacles to their success.
- Embrace team values and models the way.
- Manage effective performance and talent management with an emphasis on acquiring, retaining and developing employees.
- Recruit and retain effective staff members. Maintain succession plans.
Business Knowledge & Partnership
* Ensure strategic and tactical plans align with and support Division and Enterprise level business and IT strategies and objectives.
* Maintain successful working relationships with leadership, Execution Leads, Implementation and other business architects across the Business Units and Enterprise.
Process and Best Practice
* Drive the application of Travelers and industry standard business analysis/architecture concepts and techniques within team, division and enterprise.
* Ensure team and organization adherence to Travelers Software Delivery Processes and Best Practices
Planning and Project Management
* Partner with Program Management on strategic and technical program roadmaps.
* Partner with Governance to ensure that the appropriate strategies are complete and aligned to Busienss Unit objectives.
* Develop operational plans and guides staff to provide task resource estimation planning.
* Optimize the use of all available resources. Delegate to maximize organization effectiveness while balancing the development needs and careers goals of the employee
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Typically has a Bachelors degree in Business, MIS, or other related field Minimum of 7 years experience in business systems analysis or equivalent role. Minimum 10 years experience developing and supporting business technology systems in a large-scale environment across multiple hardware and software platforms, preferably in the insurance or financial services industry. 7+ years experience in a leadership role on software delivery projects. A progression of increasing supervision and management span of control.
* Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a diverse group of people at all levels in both IT and business
* Background and experience in successful consulting (either internal or external management consulting)
* Strong written and oral communication skills and strong presentation skills
* Ability to influence outcomes
* Ability to coordinate activities with others.
* Ability to organize work efficiently and effectively
* Minimum of 7 years experience in business systems analysis/architecture or equivalent role.
* 7+ years experience in a leadership role on software delivery projects. A progression of increasing supervision and management span of control.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Analytical Thinking (Master): Identifies current or future problems or opportunities, analyzes, synthesize and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
Facilitation (Advanced): Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
Communication (Master): Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
Teamwork (Master): Works together in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
Business Perspective (Master): Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
Technology (Advanced): Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
Conflict Management (Master): Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
Relationship Management (Master) Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results
Change Management / Resilience (Master): Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
Risk Taking (Master): Identifies, assesses, manages and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE