At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life — and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our IT group, you'll have the opportunity to work on market-changing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
The Commercial Lines group is implementing a Policy Administration and Rating solution that provides industry leading capabilities to achieve usability and cost leadership, product speed to market, and underwriting dexterity. The implication of this program has potential to set a new direction for how Information Technology solutions are developed, implemented and supported at Progressive.
We are looking for a successful Software Developer or Senior who welcomes the opportunities that only a transformational organizational change can provide. The ideal candidate will be a peer-leader who has experience with mainframe and client/server development. We look for a strong drive for continuous learning, and offer you the chance at a mid-level position in a field that promotes growth and advancement.
Preferred skills and experiences include:
· Data warehousing, and mainframe, COBOL experience preferred
· Working within a matrixed team and environment
· Developing talent in peers
· Translating business needs into system improvements
The knowledge skills and abilities required for success include:
· Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering) and minimum two (2) years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs and applications
· In lieu of a degree, minimum of four (4) years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted
· Knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts
· Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
· Basic knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
· Technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
· Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
· Ability to analyze data from various sources and determine next actions
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Listening, verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
· Ability to research and find technology solutions and maintain awareness of emerging technology
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. You'll also benefit from:
· Annual Gainshare bonus! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
· Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
· Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
· Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
· Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym at our large locations
· Onsite healthcare at large locations and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do. Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
· You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
· After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
· A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
· Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
· Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Highland Heights
Employee Status: Regular