Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Claims Specialist-Casualty based out of our Atlanta, GA OR Philadelphia, PA office. The Claims Specialist provides claims examining services critical to EMCAS accounts, potentially including those related to niche market clients. The incumbent brings a sound knowledge of insurance coverage related to various business lines. Working closely with a broad scope of stakeholders, the incumbent must be able to handle assessments in a low to moderate cost range with minimal instruction or supervision. This individual also helps assure that obligations to policyholders are met and that the insurer's reputation and efficacy are safeguarded.
- Determines coverage and identify coverage issues related to various claims, applying a thorough understanding of applicable insurance policies and relevant coverage and loss types. Issue appropriate Reservation of Rights and/or declination letters.
- Establishes contact and maintain effective professional relationships with insured parties, agents, brokers, public adjusters, attorneys, and others involved in the claims process. Review claims and claim status with clients and brokers as necessary to facilitate the prompt, accurate resolution of claims filed.
- Investigates, analyzes, evaluates and determines the extent of the insurance company's liability concerning personal, casualty, property loss or damages, and attempt to effect settlement with claimants.
- Corresponds with or interviews medical specialists, agents, witnesses, or claimants to compile information. Calculates benefit payments and approves payment of claims within a certain monetary limit.
- Obtains and prepares the necessary documentation associated with the prompt, accurate, and thorough verification of losses and administration of claims. Follow established policies, procedures, and processes in preparing information, and submit reports and documents in a timely manner and in accordance with insurer's standards and expectations.
- Ensures the accuracy of information collected and reported and guards against fraudulent claims.
- Reviews status reports and other work products of independent adjusters and makes recommendations to clients based on the information provided.
- Assesses potential subrogation losses and recommends files to subrogation adjusters as appropriate.
- Provides support to the EMCAS and/or EMA teams in response to catastrophic events.
- Obtains supervision or guidance as necessary, and in accordance with EMA policy and practice.
- Stays abreast of industry information, development, and trends; maintain an understanding of the internal and external factors affecting the business; participate in ongoing training and development as assigned or approved to assure knowledge and skills remain current and comprehensive.
- Functions as an effective member of the team, assisting co-workers as needed and learning from colleagues and supervisors; support the goals of the department, division, and organization; participates in special assignments and activities as required or approved; demonstrate initiative in the interest of the client and the organization.
- Upholds the values of Engle Martin & Associates and the culture espoused by The EM Way, consistently demonstrating professionalism, integrity and the highest standards of ethical behavior and professional conduct; conducts oneself in a manner that reflects favorably on the organization. Maintains the confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information, exercising sound judgment and discretion in any disclosure of information related to EMA and its endeavors.
- Maintains the confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information, exercising sound judgment and discretion in any disclosure of information related to EMCAS, EMA and its endeavors.
- Adheres to all applicable state insurance regulations and requirements and other applicable laws, regulations, and standards; assume personal responsibility for maintaining a current state adjusting license.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills.
- Minimum of five years' experience in commercial casualty claims examination as well as active home state license is preferred.
Ability to understand claims adjudication process; sound knowledge base and experience with commercial casualty. Skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information; research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities; sound written and oral communication skills; trustworthiness, integrity, and personal accountability and adherence to standards of ethical behavior and professional conduct; keen service orientation and ability to grasp and respond to varying client needs; problem-solving; sound judgment and objectivity; care, compassion, and respect for co-workers and clients; commitment to professional and personal growth and development; commitment to continuous improvement ; team-oriented work style; attention to detail and accuracy; effective time management and organization skills; basic mathematical and statistical skills; ability to interpret policies and other written technical information; gross- and fine-motor skills; commitment to confidentiality and ability to discretely handle sensitive information; skills in using word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
THE ENGLE MARTIN WAY: TOGETHER, IMPACTING LIVES AND SERVING WITH PASSION.
Engle Martin & Associates is dedicated to providing a culture of care, compassion, and respect among its employees, clients, and business partners. We recognize and celebrate the value of our employees’ contributions through initiatives such as the peer-nominated EMpact award and development of The EM Way. We also believe that it is critical to invest in the personal and professional development of our employees; therefore, we provide training opportunities through Engle Martin University, encourage industry association involvement, and support professional designations and certifications. Additionally, Engle Martin is committed to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures through activities such as Kaizen events featuring cross-functional team representatives.
Engle Martin recognizes, too, that it’s our responsibility to be a good corporate citizen, not only inside our organization but also within the community. Our company applauds community outreach across the country through our local EMbrace teams and promotes giving back to our communities through corporate charitable donation and employee donation match programs.