- Career Level
- Not Specified
Under general direction of the Subrogation Manager, the Subrogation Examiner is responsible for recovering claims monies the company is legally entitled to recover from third party tortfeasors. The Senior Subrogation Examiner is responsible for analyzing claims files and determining the recovery potential, setting recovery reserve and managing the recovery efforts in a cost effective manner
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and analyze closed claim files for third party recovery potential
- Procure Medical Payments reimbursement from first party claimants, as allowed under the policy(s)
- Prepare subrogation demand packages for submission to other carriers or independent tortfeasors
- Negotiate settlements and authorize repayment plans as needed
- Post recovery checks to the claims system
- Maintain an effective diary system and fully document all subrogation recovery efforts
- Work closely with the field claims examiner to obtain needed investigation in support of the subrogation claim
- Prepare and submit disputed cases to Arbitration Forums
- Conduct skip traces, asset searches, ISO checks, vehicle records check
- Identify and proactively pursue all avenues of recovery
- Review, monitor and control progress and expense of pending subrogation claims
- Comply with the Company's Claims Department's Best Practices and all state regulatory requirements
- Exercise discretion and sound judgement which may have an impact on the company in areas such as expense and customer loyalty
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong knowledge of Fair Claims Practices in all of the company's operating states
- Strong knowledge of the rules governing Arbitration Forums
- Excellent verbal & written skills to effectively negotiate with other carriers, tortfeasors, attorneys as well as effectively communicate with our customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum of 2 years of Subrogation and/or Casualty claims experience
High School diploma
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At CSE, we offer a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match) complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
CSE Insurance Group is a multi-line provider of personal, commercial property and casualty insurance recognized for its fairness, integrity and exceptional service.
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our company.