Claims Adjuster - Bodily Injury
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Job Summary: Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and resolves bodily injury and property damage claims of minor to moderate complexity through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insured’s and claimants in accordance to established claims procedures and state regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties assigned as needed.
- Investigate coverage and determine liability based on a complete investigation of the facts of the loss from all parties.
- Evaluate and Negotiate Bodily Injury claims
- Partner with Material Damage Appraiser to resolve property damage, loss of use and settlement of total loss vehicles
- Explain basis for decisions made, and when necessary, negotiate the value of the loss
- Obtain proper paperwork or releases
- Maintain diary of pending files and update information to ensure a record of claims with continual review and monitored progress
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Personal lines adjusting experience preferred.
- Detailed oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and be flexible to daily changing needs and job duties
- Ability to analyze and problem solve, working closely with others to coordinate and complete projects
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be customer service oriented, highly organized and efficient
- Multiple language skills a plus
Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
Ability to learn multiple software applications
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
TX Adjuster License