Senior Underwriter - Contract (Scottsdale, AZ)
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Senior Underwriter (Contract Team)
Western World Insurance Group – Scottsdale, AZ
Western World is a specialty insurance company dealing in many phases of high risk commercial insurance coverages, underwriting classes of business not easily placed in standard markets due to complexity, high hazard or unusual nature. Distributing business through a nationwide system of wholesale agents, brokers and program managers, Western World provides insurance coverage in fields such as General Liability, Property Professional Liability and Commercial Auto. Within the group are three member companies, all carrying an A (excellent) rating by A.M. Best: Western World Insurance Company, Tudor Insurance company and Stratford Insurance Company. We proudly credit the result of our success to the hard work, dedication and outstanding contributions of our employees.
We have an opening for a full-time Senior Underwriter to join our Contract team in our Scottsdale, Arizona office. The Senior Underwriter will market and underwrite for acceptable business in accordance with established written underwriting guidelines.
- The selection, monitoring and pricing of new and renewal business according to Company guidelines per Underwriter’s level of authority as outlined in individual “Authority Letter”.
- Market products and services and travel to assigned agents and/or brokers as required.
- Communicate with agents and/or brokers regarding rating, underwriting and policy issuance issues.
- Assist in the training of support staff within the assigned Unit as well as within the Department.
- Assist with special projects in the department as needed.
- Be responsible for or assist with administration of Underwriting Unit depending on role within Unit.
- Be responsible for or implement and coordinate projects and timetables on such items as revised forms, new coverage/classes research and Underwriting Guide revisions.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing in-house educational training or other Company functions such as the Agent Seminar.
- Assume leadership responsibilities within the department.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at industry functions, conventions and corporate events.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Technical underwriting skills including ability to analyze exposures and develop adequate pricing on new and renewal accounts.
- Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing, with agents and/or brokers, internal staff and management.
- Project professional image within the company and when representing the company at industry events.
- Ability to travel independently on company’s behalf to market our products and services.
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- Industry education (e.g., CPCU, ASLI, RPLU, IIA coursework or similar courses) required.
- Insurance Designation preferred.
- Five to seven years prior underwriting experience.
- Some supervisory experience.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications.
- Discretionary bonus; considerable 401(k) match.
- Comprehensive health and welfare plan: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability.
Visit our Website: https://www.westernworld.com
Apply for Senior Underwriter - Contract (Scottsdale, AZ)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly