At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Waukesha Office
R2497 State Administrative Assistant (Open)
This position supports the sales state by assisting with project administration, creating, filing and distributing documents, coordinating meeting schedules, logistics and materials, and performing other administrative support activities. Also assists and collaborates with the sales state team to efficiently and effectively manage sales state operations and implement initiatives.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for reports and administrative information.
- Requests resources, equipment and supplies to support the state.
- Serves at the first point of contact for customer concerns.
- Handles documents related to standard processes such as invoices and bills for the state.
Materials, Meetings, and Logistics Support
- Coordinates, schedules and sets-up of department meetings for sales leadership.
- Handles seminar/conference education and associated travel arrangements for the state.
- Coordinates the logistics for marketing events.
- Liaison with sales talent acquisition and the recruiting process.
- Liaison between the sales talent acquisition specialist and agency owners, ensuring prompt action and follow up on candidates referred by the specialist ensuring an excellent candidate experience.
- Tactical support, with set up of local career fair events.
Data and Project Management Support
- Assists with the creation, compilation and dissemination of state specific reports.
- Attends project meetings as needed and prepares documents and follow up status reports.
- Works with the sales leadership team and staff to determine their project and program documentation needs.
- Creates documents such as flowcharts, e-forms, charts and graphs.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Successfully obtain and maintain the appropriate insurance licenses in property, casualty, life, and health as required to do business with American Family and its alliances within 6 months of employment. Note: Obtaining a personal lines license does not fulfill the property and casualty license requirement.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience in administrative work and general office administration.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working in a customer service oriented environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!