At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison Natl HQ
R2506 Internal Controls Analyst (Open)
Candidates with a CPA preferred along with prior audit experience.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
Relocation assistance is available
The Internal Controls Analyst provides financial internal controls subject matter expertise to business process owners. Facilitates and performs risk assessments, testing of key controls and assists in identifying areas needing internal controls and developing viable alternatives. Assists management in developing action plans to address areas of concern over less complex financial internal controls. Identifies ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting internal controls through the use of automated controls and other generally accepted techniques. Develops and maintains department workflow systems and data marts.
Internal Controls & Risk Assessment Analysis (60%)
- Completes internal controls risk assessment and documentation for business processes. This work is done in accordance with insurance regulations and department standards such as GAAS, NAIC Financial Reporting Model Regulations and COSO-Internal Control Framework.
- Utilizes judgment and subject matter expertise to assess the control environment and determine whether an existing control is sufficient and appropriate.
- Assists in the development of key controls test plans.
- Conducts internal controls testing of financial and IT processes and controls and prepares reports communicating results.
- Provides subject matter expertise and proactively collaborates with management in the design and modification of controls to mitigate financial reporting risks.
Internal Controls Analysis and Improvement (20%)
- Monitors planned changes to financial systems and reviews internal control documentation; determines impact of changes on controls.
- Recommends automated financial controls and other techniques to improve the quality of financial data generated by the applications.
- Assists in the development of system requirements for applications that process financial transactions (policy and claims systems, billing systems, etc).
Workflow Systems and Reporting (20%)
- Monitors and maintains departmental workflow systems and data marts.
- Identifies methods to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental processes, workflow systems and reporting of the companies Financial Reporting Internal Controls framework.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic knowledge and understanding of GAAP or Statutory accounting principles.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of budgeting processes.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of audit standards and practices.
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office to create workflow or reporting systems.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!