P&C Claims Manager - Miami
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Must have a P&C Adjuster license or be willing to obtain one within 30 days. Time for training and any applicable cost/fees will be provided.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty claims.
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary.
- Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
- Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate direction.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims process in a P&C environment
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- P&C Adjuster license or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client service standards and production goals
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions
- Bilingual a plus
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers