At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life— and love what you do. Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations.
Business Systems Consultant
As a Business Systems Consultant in Real Estate, you will put your IT knowledge and strong communication skills to good use working closely with various business areas to learn their processes and systems. As a liaison between business areas, IT, and vendors, you'll ensure systems are providing the services and technology needed. In this role, you'll be a valuable resource to different business areas, addressing any issues with the system after managing its installation. BSC's in Real Estate are technical problem solvers and recognize that business needs continually evolve and our systems must also adapt in order for us to sustain our competitive advantage.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Using Real Estate systems which may include software that is used to design buildings, manage data that supports maintenance of a building, track occupancy levels of buildings, track delivery of mail, manage expense reports, enable travel, company credit cards, etc.
• Managing the entire software lifecycle from onboarding to operational support to decommissioning.
• Understanding the systems you support, how they integrate with other systems, what risks exist with the system, required maintenance, and general administrative support, opportunities for enhancements, the vendors roadmap for enhancements, and any potential impact to Progressive.
• Coordinating with the business and vendors throughout the implementation and decommission of software to ensure that requirements are met with high quality, while adhering to project deadlines to ensure business continuity.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Needed to be Successful:
• Bachelor's Degree in a business related discipline with at least 5-7 years of systems experience. In lieu of a degree, must have 8 years related work experience in a technical role
• Advanced knowledge of vendor and/or internally developed systems including system interfaces, user functionality and various system environments
• Familiarity with industry standards for requirements/use case, testing, gap analysis, process mapping and familiarity with basic project management skills
• Intermediate computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
• Ability to use multiple reporting tools and understands data and relationships to create, modify and run more complex reports (i.e. joins, sub-queries)
• Understands business area processes and procedures and uses process mapping tools for current and new systems solutions
• Strong communication skills - particularly around setting clear expectations and sharing information appropriately with different levels of management and customers with differing levels of technical knowledge
• Negotiation and influencing without authority
• Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, set priorities, follow up on open items, and attention to detail
• Ability to work with and protect highly confidential information
• IIBA membership or certification is not required but is preferred
• Gainshare bonus (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
• Flexible work arrangements and casual dress
• Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
• Award winning, supportive environment including Employee Resource Groups
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
• 401k plan
• Employee discounts
• Child care subsidy
• On-site clinical care and fitness center
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
• You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
• After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
• A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
• Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
• Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity EmployerJob: Business Process & Systems Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Heights Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular