Regional Manager, Surety
- Career Level
- Not Specified
- Accountable for the profitability and results of assigned region.
- Accountable for the production of new business for the assigned region.
- Accountable for the quality of the underwriting practice, its risk selection and pricing performance in the assigned region.
- Accountable for the cultivation of underwriting expertise in regional underwriting associates.
- Driving profitability in the assigned region:
- Evaluate and make recommendations on new and existing business.
- Develop actionable recommendations for its improvement and/or sustainment.
- Identify and market to Surety agents/brokers in the assigned region for new appointments.
- Oversee the achievement of objectives, profit improvement plans and results drivers for assigned region.
- Hold underwriting responsibility and operate as highest level of technical regional referral.
- Evaluate and identify new hires in the assigned region.
- Participate in technical development plans for all direct reports.
- Participate in development of annual budget, business plans, and strategic objectives.
- Interface with appointed agents and brokers.
- Interface with other Navigators departments in the assigned region for cross selling opportunities.
- Participate in special projects and activities as needed.
- Minimum seven years' experience in underwriting surety.
- Demonstrably high level of underwriting expertise.
- Strong marketing and agency management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software applications.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- AFSB or other surety designation preferred.
Apply for Regional Manager, Surety
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly