Assistant Account Manager
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Assistant Account Manager is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day service and support for client accounts to ensure that client expectations are met. Responsible for assisting in renewal, ongoing client service and new business projects as assigned, identifying opportunities to provide additional services and enhanced coverage levels
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Assistant Account Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Provide account management support to Group Benefits Department
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with co-workers, clients and insurance carriers.
- Draft Request for Proposals (RFPs) for review by Account Managers, make requested edits to RFPs, distribute RFPs to insurance carrier market, ensure timely response by insurance carriers, summarize insurance carrier proposals for review by Account Managers
- Request health and welfare plan renewals from insurance carriers for each client, file and summarize renewals for each client for review by Account Manager
- Assist in the management of the annual renewal process, including attending open enrollment meetings, providing assistance with processing enrollment/changes forms and documents
- Assist in drafting annual Open Enrollment communications for each client’s employee population
- When required, visit client sites to participate in face-to-face meetings
- Enter new business opportunities, client data and communications of all forms into Agency Management System. Run reports from system; manipulate data into a format usable by management
- Keep managers, executives and producers informed of significant developments on accounts
- Special projects and other duties assigned from time to time
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree or employee benefits insurance experience preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience within the employee benefits industry
- Valid State Life, Accident and Health brokers’ license /or obtain within 60 days
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of marketing concepts and negotiation of insurance coverage(s) preferred
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite
- Flexible, and able to work effectively under pressure, handling multiple tasks with interruptions and changing priorities.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described are representative of those employees performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Occasional travel.
Apply for Assistant Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly