At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison Natl HQ
R2453 DevOps Test Environment Management Specialist (Open)
The Test Environment Management Specialist partners across IS and all business lines to assess, research, and analyze business and technical test environment needs to ensure test environments allow for adequate testing of all application changes. The specialist is accountable to consult with stakeholders and engineers to develop criteria and evaluate enhancements to improve the test environments. The Test Environment Management Specialist works to move test environment activities toward a goal of 100% automation.
Preferred candidates will have experience with auto and property insurance experience. Familiarity with Test Environment Management methods and techniques is a plus.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
- Accountable for ensuring high availability and effective utilization of test environmental resources including all associated documentation.
- Develop and maintain processes to control and allocation of test environments in an efficient manner.
- Design quarterly release/program level test environment strategy in line with scope and organization standards
- Forecast environment requirements based on anticipated future demand from multiple application development/testing teams. Coordinate with teams to resolve testing resource conflicts.
- Prioritize pre-production environment needs and provide estimates (cost and time) for onboarding of new projects to test environments.
- Develop and implement a root cause correction process and conduct regular root cause reviews with business owners to ensure issues are resolved and any corrective actions are executed.
- Develop KPIs to track efficacy of test environment delivery efforts
- Reviews test environment processes, tools and capabilities and identifies, recommends and implements improvements.
- Design systems to support continuous delivery and adapt test environment management to support on-demand, self-service automation
- Mentor fellow team members and new hires as well as provide training/assistance when needed.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated experience managing complex test environments for both isolated subsystems and end-to-end environments that are configured using a mixture of on-site & cloud-based infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the setup and configuration of operating systems, networks, databases, and application servers involved in the creation of end-to-end testing environments.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating with multiple groups with strong understanding of the SDLC
- Demonstrated experience conducting problem identification and resolution using industry standard troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Solid knowledge and understanding of common technology platforms, including, Mainframe, Unix/Linux, Web & Microsoft. Team management skills, excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of hardware virtualization, Cloud Environments, Monitoring and Server Virtualization
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!