At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison-East Regional Ofc
R2403 Claims APD Salvage Support Manager (Open)
The Claim Support Services Manager provides leadership to support claim operations. Responsible for the work flow and functions necessary to enable cohesive claim handling. Facilitates continuous development of people, processes, and culture to ensure customer service industry leadership.
*This position fully supports the APD line of business (specifically Salvage and Title Processing).
*Candidates with some working knowledge of APD claims processes is desired, along with prior leadership (either formal or informal) experience.
*Applications will be accepted for this position through midnight on 10/18/16. Candidates must apply the end of the day on 10/17/16 to be considered.
First-Line Management / Leadership for Individual Unit (30%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve operational goals. This is done in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Performs administrative activities in a timely manner necessary to effectively manage the department including, but not limited to, budget preparation, report preparation, and salary administration.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance reviews, and establishing development plans.
Administrative Duties (30%)
- Manages the process for office bills.
- Assists the branch claim manager in arrangements for maintenance of office equipment as needed, oversees proper office supply availability for all office employees and assists in asset management. May be responsbile to assists with arrangements for pool car maintenance and handling of pool car logs.
- Assists the branch claim manager in compiling data and tabulation of audit results for needed reports.
- Compiles periodic and special reports as necessary to audit department/office functions. Documents and maintains support unit procedures for all positions. Encourages employees to suggest improvements and recommends, implements and monitors improvements for the support unit.
- Provides administrative support for the office manager.
- Manages the file handling functions of the support unit including mail, filing and tracking claim files.
- Manages PC entry involved in file handling and the correction of errors made on PC entries.
- Acts as the expert resource for the claim processing systems.
- Oversees the transcription and word processing function for the branch.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (15%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental missions and strategies.
- Participates as member of the management team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision making.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated competence in operating a personal computer, as well as, proficiency with MS Office products.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of claim support processes and systems.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!