Direct Bill Analyst - Life and Health
- Career Level
- Entry Level
Responsible for overseeing and managing all Life and Health Insurance/Brokerage companies: collect commission statements and verify income is received and posted to each carrier; prepare daily spreadsheet and send to third-party processor for processing; and ensure all income received is reconciled and balanced against the general ledger.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The duties of the Direct Bill Analyst (L&H), include but are not limited to:
- Retrieve or collect direct commission statement for each carrier.
- Verify commission payments are received and posted under the correct carrier.
- Create L&H spreadsheet and disburse work daily to third-party processor.
- Process exceptions returned from third-party processor in a timely manner.
- Maintain commission reconciliation and check-off spreadsheets.
- Process and run BenefitPoint reports on a monthly basis to identify renewals not processed and plans missing splits; Follow-up and email report to each office.
- Work with each carrier to maintain login/passwords and verify all payment methods received from the carrier are consistent: i.e. received by EFT or check.
- Maintain updated list of producer codes by carrier and check off receipt of statement monthly.
- Verify all statements received are reconciled and the carrier balance to the GL is zero (third week of every month).
- Special projects and other duties as assigned from time to time
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of an Associates’ degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Previous insurance-related Accounting experience preferred
- Willingness to learn both BenefitPoint and AMS agency management systems
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft office, in particular Excel and Word
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess excellent organization and time-management skills
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player, self-motivated and dependable
- Demonstrate ability to well organized and detail-orientated
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly sit, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus using a computer screen.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Travel is minimal with most contact with customers by phone and correspondence.