If you have a passion for taking ownership of projects, building relationships with coworkers and external clients and providing award-winning service, then The Main Street America Group is the place for you.
Since 1923, our mission has been to take care of our customer – the independent agent – better than anyone else. Customer service is at the heart of everything we do.With offices in eight locations, we offer a wide range of commercial and personal insurance, as well as surety bond products, in 37 states.
Our products and services are backed by financial stability. Our more than $1 billion in written premium is offered exclusively by 2,500-plus independent insurance agents.
The primary responsibility of the Configuration and Release Engineer will be to work with our applications teams to support our daily non-Production migrations and coordinate and facilitate all aspects of our Productions releases as well as implementing and enhancing our build environments and related processes and tasks. More specific responsibilities include:
- Day to day care and feeding of the build process in delivering continuous builds and related testing.
- Perform minimal debugging to determine where automation failures should be directed to be addressed.
- Design and implement a reliable build automation framework.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with Development and Quality teams.
- Own the process for releasing builds.
- Maintain and manage release and development branches within our code repository to ensure consistency of code check-ins and applicability of related branches.
- Effectively work with Development teams and Release Manager to determine when a release branch should be made as well as related branch management policies and best practices.
- Effectively work with our vendors that support our daily IT operations.
- Ability to implement solutions to increase automation and decrease cycle times with our builds.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate Production software releases during non-standard business hours.
- Be self-driven and works well independently to tackling complex problems. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, including the ability to manage needs and multiple work priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn and work with cutting edge technologies.
- Effective communication and writing/documentation skills.
Experience with the following strongly preferred:
- At least 3-5 years of experience working on Java / Microsoft .NET Technologies.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows server operating environments- Windows 2008 and 2012.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, Linux and other approved operating systems and application.
- Familiar with configuring and managing applications in WebSphere Application Server.
- At least 3-5 years of experience of working with Subversion and GIT/GitHub and development experience scripting in these tools.
- At least 3-5 years of experience developing and maintaining Apache Ant build scripts.
- At least 3-5 years of experience using Jenkins.
- Education and Experience:
5-8+ years’ experience as a build & release engineer.
A bachelor’s degree and applicable certifications in area of focus preferred.
Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
Our comprehensive list of benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision (Day One Coverage)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Pension Plan
- Incentive (Bonus) Plan
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Paid Holidays
- Company-Paid Disability and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care
Come learn why 100% of new hires are satisfied with the choice they made to join Main Street America.