Claims Customer Service Representatives
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Expanding regional Insurance Carrier is looking for claims customer service and or claims assistants to work for new satellite office opening in North Dallas(Plano). Person will deal with personal lines auto initial point of contact calls. Answers questions, offers guidance and helps make decisions within the Customer Service Unit.
Responsible for entering new losses that are directly reported to the Home Office establishing the nature, severity and urgency of loss. Responsible for consulting and advising caller on appropriate action to take before the adjuster arrives.
Responsible for making appropriate updates in all claim files. This includes, but is not limited to, adding involved parties, making concise notepad entries, and requesting reinspections.
Responsible for making assignments/reservations as part of the claim process. This will include, but not be limited to, car rental reservations, direct repair shop assignments, independent adjuster assignments, and auto salvage assignments.
Performs other related duties as directed.
1. Must demonstrate ability to learn the policy coverages written by the companies and also learn claim handling procedures.
2. Must demonstrate ability to continue to learn changes to policy coverages/provisions and claims handling procedures.
3. Must demonstrate good telephone skills and personal etiquette.
4. Must demonstrate ability to effectively work with the public and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the importance of good public relations.
5. Must demonstrate ability to understand human behavior, reacting in a professional manner when contacted by a rude or irate person. Must demonstrate ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
6. Must demonstrate ability to thoroughly document conversations, understanding the legal ramifications of these comments.
a) Accepting constructive criticism with a positive attitude
b) Remaining emotionally stable under conditions of stress
c) Avoiding argumentative encounters
d) Admitting mistakes
e) Adapting easily to new work instructions
f) Using time effectively
Within nine (9) months of hire date, obtain an All-Lines or Property & Casualty Adjuster License issued by the Texas Department of Insurance
Apply for Claims Customer Service Representatives
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly