Encompass Regional Product Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This leader will work to achieve strategic objectives and business goals by leading and developing strategies to achieve economic capital and growth targets in the assigned regional geography. This role will also work closely with pricing, countrywide underwriting and line management as new products are developed. This leader will work closely with local sales leaders in the delivery of the product developments; as well as regulators. This leader will help to determine the needed price, product, and underwriting strategies needed to achieve corporate business results while at the same time leading a team of product and competitive intelligence analysts.
This position is preferably based in Northbrook, Illinois and requires technical and product knowledge. Remote employees will be considered. This leader will report to the Vice President of Product Operations.
In alignment with corporate goals, key responsibilities for the Regional Product Manager are:
- Identify, manage, and ensure delivery product development opportunities for the local market;
- Collaboration of the strategic direction and design with the vehicle and property line managers to ensure a cohesive Encompass One Policy strategy;
- Identifying and understanding major competitor offerings, consumer needs and market trends and develop/modify product line business plans as warranted;
- Leverage new business models for customer retention and growth initiatives as well as estimate the future value of customer segments into product line decisions;
- Incorporate the economic impact of new pricing strategies, operational decisions and proposed legislation into local market strategies;
- Collaborate with claims to conduct claim file reviews
- Developing contract language and preparing for legal approval;
- Execute correct classification initiatives to drive local market performance and compliance;
- Communicate findings and recommendations to Encompass senior level management;
- Developing and implementing an effective communication process internally and with external constituents;
- Establish a successful partnership with fellow Regional Product Managers/Directors in order to provide the best opportunity for successful local product performance.
- Ability to develop and/or revise business tactics to support changing business strategies and direction;
- Product management, product development, pricing, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge;
- Ability to develop and implement (underwriting, product and pricing) programs for the local market;
- Ability to develop short and long range business plans;
- Ability to develop implementation plans and engage multiple constituents for awareness and alignment;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts;
- Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results (financial and operational);
- Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable;
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise;
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner.
Allstate Level Factors: Please refer to the Allstate Level Guide on MyHR Knowledge
Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.