Project Management Lead
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Operations' Project Management job family is accountable for improved business results by providing enhanced decision making support and execution excellence. This job family includes roles responsible for implementing projects, designing and enhancing processes, overseeing Territory, Region and Product Line portfolios and developing and executing major programs. Individuals in this job family work closely with actuarial and quantitative analysts, underwriting and coverage consultants, as well as, business sponsors, field contacts and other SME's to deliver projects on time, within budget and with quality. Responsibilities include interfacing with actuaries, quantitative analysts, and coverage consultants and internal customers in areas such as Technology, State Filings, Marketing, Sales.
The Project Manager Lead Consultant is responsible for managing and contributing to a wide range of projects and programs that include, but are not limited to: quality process enhancements & governance, highly complex projects and product portfolio oversight. This individual may also manage small to moderate programs and provide implementation options for leadership to meet business needs. The Project Manager Lead Consultant is also responsible for managing and providing regular reporting on the product portfolio and inventory of projects for assigned regions, serving as the main regional liaison with technology. Exhibits broader influence on peers, broader team and outside stakeholders and contributes heavily to the implementation strategy of initiatives.
- Act as project manager for medium to large scale or complex cross-AOR projects.
- Manage assigned small programs from end-to-end, including oversight and tracking of budget and issues for related projects and recommendations for program-level risk management
- Lead discussions with Product SME's and provide recommendations for resolution of business issues that impact project scope, cost or quality
- Directs implementation of new programs and/or initiatives, including implementation scheduling and sequencing, budget and resource oversight.
- Participate as a member of functional senior leadership teams, demonstrating deep subject matter expertise in project/program design principles and business strategy
- Adhere to established project management standards for issue and risk management, project status communication and project close-out activities
- Determine key stakeholders and determine appropriate communication plan based on project need and stakeholder requests; develop and communicate project details re: cost, scope, quality to all impacted areas (i.e. regions, agencies, customers).
- Provide regular reporting on project activities, progress against timeline and budget
- Identify, recommend and implement process/workflow solutions for Product Operations and influence same in areas outside of Product Operations
- Responsible for on-boarding and training of Band C project managers and providing education on project management best practices to new hires throughout Product Operations
- Recommend and implement enhancements to best practices for requirements gathering and documentation in an effort to improve overall project quality
- Analyze implementation options to meet business needs, including pros/cons of each option and provide recommendations to leadership and implement selection option in easily understood, non-technical terms, with consideration for impacts to related initiatives
- Facilitate State Team and other key meetings to communicate project results, project scope, health, issues, timelines and changes to existing process, etc.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; project management certification preferred
- Experience: 5+ years of experience; prior insurance industry experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Intermediate process management skills
- Advanced decision making skills
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal)
- Advanced time and project management skills
- Intermediate Negotiation skills
- Intermediate Change Management skills
- Basic Strategic Thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.