Manager, Network Services
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Our Manager of Network Services position is a great opportunity to join an IT team committed to excellence. The Manager, Network Services leads a team of engineers responsible for AAA Life's computing infrastructure that includes servers, networks, databases, and SAN/VM. The ideal candidate for this position has strong leadership and coaching skills. The Manager, Network Services will be expected to have both broad and in depth knowledge of multiple IT technologies and disciplines in order to guide and coach the team through various projects and day to day operations. Providing team leadership and direction for all assigned responsibilities is an essential part of the role.
- Identifies deficiencies in processes and procedures, and works to conceive and champion improvements that meet SLA objectives, security requirements, and operational metrics
- Measures operational effectiveness of team against defined SLAs and identifies and recommends improvements to ensure IT operations run at required efficiency and availability
- Oversees DR planning and effectiveness for assigned responsibilities and works with team to evaluate, plan, and review changing business requirements and needs
- Executes management responsibilities including interviewing, selection, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and redirecting employees; addressing issues and resolving problems
- Actively mentors team to create an environment of continual learning for both technical and professional development
- Lead assigned team in the planning, design, implementation, organization and operation of the company's technology infrastructure and IT operations functions and systems.
- Directs problem solving activities for production impacting issues and keeps management up to date on resolution
- Ensures that up-to-date technical documentation exists which accurately represents the overall inventory, connectivity, topology, and architecture of the company's infrastructure
- Oversees needs assessment, plan creation, solution implementation, operation and management for assigned technology
Decisiveness and Judgment
Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement
Planning and Organizing
Problem Solving and Analysis
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business or related field or equivalent years of experience
10 years IT technical infrastructure experience required to may include SAN, VMware, enterprise servers, database systems, Microsoft enterprise systems, and enterprise voice.
5 years' experience directly managing a technical infrastructure team
Project management experience preferred