Sr. Accountant Financial Reporting
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Teamwork. Integrity. Dedication.
Together, we make a difference.
If you are a career-minded, service-driven professional looking to join a fast paced organization then you have come to the right place. AAA is a member service organization affiliated with the national AAA network. With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 11,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 14 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding.
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our Senior Accountant Financial Reporting in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Preparation of the annual external financial statements (US GAAP and Statutory basis).
- Annual preparation of regulatory analysis and reports supporting the insurance entities within the organization.
- Coordination with the external auditors to ensure timely audit completion of 9 reports in total; comprised of 1 consolidated entity report, 5 statutory statements, and 3 benefit plan financial statements.
- Working cross-functionally with Investments, Tax, Payroll, Benefits, and Legal to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the annual financial statements.
- Assist with research and analysis of new US GAAP and Statutory basis accounting pronouncements, related processes, and disclosure requirements. Support the preparation of regular analysis for Executive Management of new accounting requirements and the potential impact to the organization.
- Work with Executive Management on significant initiatives and providing input and analysis to ensure financial statement impacts are properly evaluated.
- Assist in analyzing and documenting current accounting practices and implementing
- new accounting pronouncements
- policies and procedures
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- CPA is preferred.
- The candidate is required to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently with Executive Management in the organization.
- At least 4 years of progressive and relevant accounting experience
- Prior experience with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management is a plus. Proficient in Microsoft Office is required.
- Strong analytical and organization skills with willingness to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Experience working in a heavy deadline driven environment.
- Willingness to work extra hours as necessary to complete assignments.
- Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings.
- Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
AAA Is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE