Commercial Lines Placement Analyst - San Antonio
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Commercial Lines Placement team acts as an intermediary between the agent and the insurance company, assisting the agent at multiple levels. The team markets risks to carrier partners on behalf of agents using a combination of automation and direct carrier placement. At different levels, sales skills and knowledge of risks and the insurance market are used to find and arrange suitable insurance policies and arrange coverage. The team acts in the interest of the agents and offers products from more than one insurer to provide the agents the best quotes available to them.
The Commercial Lines Placement Analyst II is responsible for driving new business CL written premium results. The role is responsible for managing transactions beyond the automation platform using consultative sales skills to assist to field agent in closing the sale with their customer. The Placement Analyst will negotiate with carrier underwriters and have a wide breadth of placement skills, experience and knowledge across CL lines (i.e. BOP, WC, Auto, and GL) classes (i.e. artisan contractors, restaurants, small business).
- Responsible for providing exceptional day-to-day new business consultation, service and support to agents
- Expert level of knowledge and understanding of programs, products and processes to explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies and coverage should the agent choose to request this information and assistance from the Placement team
- Meets new business written premium objective by assisting field agents to sell through consultative sales approach to close the sale
- Uses independent judgment to evaluate risk eligibility against carrier appetite and guidelines to determine appropriate non-automation platform market feasibility
- Negotiates with carrier underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for the agent's clients at the best price
- Educates agent on various commercial aspects of writing business, including but not limited to classes, policies features and commercial automation platforms
- Manages telephone/web relationships with assigned ELITE agents. Assists CL Manager in identifying agents with high potential for CL business results
- Meets daily performance standards, communicating with agents via phone, email and live chat
- Through daily interactions, trains and supports the agent on optimizing the automation platform
- Provides guidance and may assist in training junior staff but no direct supervisory responsibility
- Assigned special projects from CL Manager
- Works on specialty programs as needed
- 3 to 5 years of placement experience in a distribution network
- Consultative sale skills, demonstrated ability to influence and persuade clients/agents to close a sale
- Results driven- demonstrated accountability for new business written premium targets
- Negotiating and influencing - ability to impact the decision of others
- Relationship management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Internet proficiency
- Experience with Property Casualty multi-line rating and underwriting
- P&C license is appropriate if assigned as customer contact
- High school diploma
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.