Eberl Claims Service is a subsidiary of Engle Martin & Associates, a national insurance services provider.
Eberl has been a leader in the claims adjustment and insurance services industry since its inception in 1987. The firm delivers daily and catastrophe loss adjusting and claims services via a national network of adjusters who handle over 100,000 claims annually. The firm has worked every major catastrophe for nearly three decades with a focus on residential and automobile claims services. The firm's vision is to deliver innovative insurance claims solutions that exceed client's expectations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Senior Accountant.
This role reports directly to the Divisional Controller and is responsible for recording transactions and maintaining strong internal controls in key financial statement areas. This individual will be the department subject matter expert in US GAAP and technical accounting related matters and will be intimately involved in the annual audit process. This role will be cross-trained in several other staff functions and will be a primary backup to those individuals during an employee absence. He or she will also be a key contributor to providing clients and adjusters high levels of customer service during storm surge periods. Critical success factors for this role include the ability to build relationships and interact effectively with accounting and other departmental team members to address company and departmental needs, navigate obstacles and problem solve, and maintain attention to detail and accuracy.
Processing and Recording Transactions
- Maintenance/communication of bonus plan scorecards and recording of month end accruals.
- Work with senior financial analyst to support forecasting of cash, net working capital and results.
- Assist with annual budgeting process.
- Record intangible amortization and maintain supporting sub-ledger.
- Maintain and manage schedule of intercompany activity with Engle Martin.
- Record Commercial and Workers Compensation Insurance expense.
- Process staff payroll, payroll tax and related month-end accruals.
- Record accrued vacation and maintain supporting sub-ledger.
- Record 401K Company match and maintain supporting schedule.
Monthly Financial Closing
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in a complete and accurate manner, and meet closing deadlines in responsible areas.
- Maintain quality reconciliations of all month end accounts in defined areas of responsibility.
- Maintain and assemble support for internal or external audits in areas of responsibility.
- Work with team to deliver a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Assist with monthly financial statement analysis and variance reporting.
Support and help champion a strong internal control environment.
- Prepare and disseminate daily cash actual reporting to executive management team.
- Prepare and file periodic state unemployment filings.
- Create and update documentation outlining key accounting policies.
- Provide backup support on key processes during team members' absence.
- Provide guidance and support to accounting team members on US GAAP and technical accounting matters.
- Provide support to accounting team members in other areas during peak claims activity.
Other Posiiton Requirements
- Solid working knowledge of GAAP accounting and internal controls.
- Ability to transact in and use ERP systems.
- Functions as an effective member of the team, assisting co-workers as needed and learning from colleagues and supervisors; supports the goals of the department, division, and organization; participates in special assignments and activities as required or approved; demonstrates initiative in the interest of the client, the adjuster and the organization.
- Upholds the values of Engle Martin & Associates and the culture espoused by The EM Way, consistently demonstrating professionalism, integrity and the highest standards of ethical behavior and professional conduct; conducts oneself in a manner that reflects favorably on the organization; open and honest communication capable of managing teams in a performance culture. Maintains the confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive information, exercising sound judgment and discretion in any disclosure of information related to EMA and Eberl Claims Services and their endeavors.
- Adheres to all applicable laws, regulations, and standards.
- Technical GAAP accounting
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to navigate obstacles
- Quick learner
- Collaborative, Team Player
- Internal control mindset
- Organizational and time management skills
- Continuouse improvement
- Communicates effective
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of accounting experience and a CPA.
- Public accounting experience is a plus.
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting and ability to transact accurately in an ERP environment.
- Skilled in use of internet for business research purposes; sound written and oral business communication skills, including formatting and preparation of memoranda, letters, and reports; basic mathematical skills; diplomacy; fine and gross motor skills, as well as mental requirements to operate standard office equipment, including personal computer, multi-line office telephone system and wireless communication and computing devices, photocopiers and scanning devices, audio visual equipment, and other routine equipment. Demonstrates thorough skill set in a variety of office software, including Microsoft Office Suite (including, but not necessarily limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint).
- Effective at time management, prioritization, and organizing skills; excellent interpersonal, customer service, and problem-solving skills; demonstrates teamwork, compassion, and respect toward others.
THE ENGLE MARTIN WAY: TOGETHER, IMPACTING LIVES AND SERVING WITH PASSION.
Engle Martin & Associates is dedicated to providing a culture of care, compassion, and respect among its employees, clients, and business partners. We recognize and celebrate the value of our employees’ contributions through initiatives such as the peer-nominated EMpact award and development of The EM Way. We also believe that it is critical to invest in the personal and professional development of our employees; therefore, we provide training opportunities through Engle Martin University, encourage industry association involvement, and support professional designations and certifications. Additionally, Engle Martin is committed to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures through activities such as Kaizen events featuring cross-functional team representatives.
Engle Martin recognizes, too, that it’s our responsibility to be a good corporate citizen, not only inside our organization but also within the community. Our company applauds community outreach across the country through our local EMbrace teams and promotes giving back to our communities through corporate charitable donation and employee donation match programs.