Underwriter- Commercial Lines-Middle Market
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The commercial underwriter is responsible for the selection,evaluation, acceptance, rejection, pricing and servicing of commercial insurance policies. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyze commercial lines accounts to make decisions based on individual risk analysis, hazard recognition and controls.
- Determine class fit of accounts
- Determine plan of action for renewals utilizing loss control inspections, loss experience reports and third party data providers.
- Manage book of business to achieve profitability goals utilizing reporting tools and daily correspondences with claims, loss control, and distribution partners.
- Build productive and positive relationships with assigned agents.
- Manage facultative reinsurance placement based on corporate guidelines.
- Work closely with, and provide direction to, underwriting assistants across all aspects of the underwriting process.
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in a similar environment
- •3-10 year(s) experience in multiline underwriting
- •CPCU or professional insurance designation a plus•Knowledge of property and casualty underwriting procedures and policies
Apply for Underwriter- Commercial Lines-Middle Market
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly