Field Auto Damage Evaluator
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Field Auto Damage Evaluator in the Bloomington, MN!
The Oversight Function is responsible for performing claims guidance, quality assurance and focused claim audits, including full file audits, partial file audits, payment audits, and providing analysis, training and oversight to Field Claims operations. Auto claims involve the evaluation and resolution of physical damages to vehicles.
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for ensuring consistency of estimating practices for claim service adjusters, the Good Hands Repair Network repair facilities, and compliance to best practices. The individual conducts physical reinspections of damaged vehicles and analyzes complex estimates prepared by Allstate auto technicians and Good Hands Repair Network shops. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team.
The individual works independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
File Review/Quality Assurance
- Selects complex estimates for reinspection
- Completes physical reinspections, ride-alongs, and/or desk reviews of adjuster and/or vendor repair estimates and other assigned claims to ensure adherence to estimating best practices and process and documentation compliance
- Identifies patterns and relationships in data using multiple resources and proactively uses that expertise to coach, train, and support adjusters and repair facilities
- Makes corrections and repair recommendations
- Coaches adjusters on reinspection results and/or provides training to them as needed
- Provides information on reinspection results to ensure vendors, repair facilities, and technicians are following Allstate specific guidelines and procedures
- Writes memos or sends system notes to adjusters and auto technicians with recommendations on claim files
- Collaborates with leadership regarding inspection or file review results
- Assists management in developing strategies to address opportunities in file quality and process execution through review and analysis of related measurements
- Reinspects loss with repair contractor
- Reviews and approves complex repair estimates
Training Development and Delivery
- Assists in assessing unit needs for training and development
- Partners with management to identify opportunities to assist with adjuster coaching, training, and mentoring
Please note that, since this is a field service position, you will need to have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle. This is a demanding field position that will requires you to travel up to two weeks per quarter.
- High School Diploma or GED plus at least 5 or more years of technical auto estimating experience
- Experience with CCC and I-Car Platinum Certification preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, and act with empathy
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.