Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Property Claims Director in Atlanta, GA. This key role exists to assure the effective overall, day-to-day management of EMCAS' TPA property operations. The incumbent must demonstrate the ability to translate EMCAS goals to attainable objectives at the Property Management department level. The incumbent is responsible for providing supervision of the Property Management team and their respective professional, technical, administrative and clerical functions as well as the various quality assurance issues associated with property management services. Further, the incumbent is actively involved in assuring the ongoing quality, cost-effectiveness and compliant deliver of client services.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with existing and prospective clients to assure the department's success in procuring, retaining and growing its property client base.
- Directly supervises designated staff, including unit supervisors and/or team leader(s) as assigned; carries out the selection, orientation, training, and work assignment functions associated with these roles.
- Monitors and approves time off and scheduling for all direct reports, assuring adequate coverage is maintained at all times, including times of catastrophe and other peak operations.
- Assures that sufficient staff training occurs for the effective execution of new programs and their related file specifications.
- Coordinates regular file audits and reviews with Client Account Manager and Claims Support Group to assure that EMCAS Best Practices are consistently followed.
- Assures that accurate and adequate reserving, payments and coverage decisions are made and assumes responsibility for all approvals above the unit supervisors' authority levels.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the Client Account Manager and Accounting teams regarding trust account receivables, funding issues and questions and related functions and projects.
- Works with team members to cross train them on other programs to promote flexibility and optimal resource development.
- Establishes and maintains an effective employee management and staffing structure for the department; interacts directly with office staff to promote effective communication, engagement, and productivity.
- Interacts regularly with Finance and Accounting managers and team members to ensure that billing is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with temporary staffing agencies as required and/or assures the effectiveness of these relationships to persons at the unit supervisor level to whom this responsibility may be delegated.
- Under the direction of the Senior Vice President for EMCAS, participates actively in developing the department's fiscal year budget and in monitoring the implementation of this budget on a month-to-month and quarterly basis.
- Functions as an effective member of the team, assisting co-workers as needed and learning from colleagues and supervisors; supports the goals of the region, division, and organization.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills, preferred. Supervisory skills, including a demonstrated record of success in managing others; fundamental understanding of finance and accounting principles as applied to routine operations management in the industry; thorough skill set in, or ability to quickly master, a variety of office software, including Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook); skilled in use of internet for business research purposes; sound written and oral business communication skills and excellent customer service and diplomacy skills; skills in basic management reporting; fine and gross motor skills, as well as mental requirements, to operate of standard office equipment; initiative; problem-solving; critical thinking and abstract thinking; time management, prioritization, project management and organizing skills; teamwork, compassion, and respect toward others in keeping with the EM Way, as well as integrity, accountability, adherence to standards of ethical behavior and professional conduct;, open and honest communication, and a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
Minimum of 10 years' experience in Commercial Property & Homeowners claims as well as Lloyd's of London, Builders Risk & Inland Marine experience. Multi-line is a plus!
THE ENGLE MARTIN WAY: TOGETHER, IMPACTING LIVES AND SERVING WITH PASSION.
Engle Martin & Associates is dedicated to providing a culture of care, compassion, and respect among its employees, clients, and business partners. We recognize and celebrate the value of our employees’ contributions through initiatives such as the peer-nominated EMpact award and development of The EM Way. We also believe that it is critical to invest in the personal and professional development of our employees; therefore, we provide training opportunities through Engle Martin University, encourage industry association involvement, and support professional designations and certifications. Additionally, Engle Martin is committed to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures through activities such as Kaizen events featuring cross-functional team representatives.
Engle Martin recognizes, too, that it’s our responsibility to be a good corporate citizen, not only inside our organization but also within the community. Our company applauds community outreach across the country through our local EMbrace teams and promotes giving back to our communities through corporate charitable donation and employee donation match programs.