At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison Natl HQ
R1683 Lean Customer Value Manager (Open)
The Lean Customer Value Manager leads the design and implementation of the American Family lean process management discipline across the enterprise to enable workers at all levels to understand how to help the company achieve its vision through aligning processes and decision making with customer value drivers; partners with key business leaders to drive process maturity and cultural change across companies, divisions, and value streams; provides practices, methods, and tools, and other necessary elements of a customer driven lean management system to build a sustainable lean enterprise.
Business Process Management Leadership (60%)
- Leads the successful delivery of business process management efforts for select strategic initiatives that have broad organizational impact.
- Advises and consults on critical technical aspects of business process management organizational efforts. Provides lead consultant resources to business partners for select business process management initiatives that have broad organizational impact.
- Establishes internal talent pipeline both into and out of the lean customer value area to maintain central group`s level of expertise and to help with cultural acceptance of the lean system.
- Leads deployment and ongoing use of the lean management system in a sustainable way that helps the organization avoid common pitfalls and failure modes of lean deployments.
- Leads a team that provides mentoring to the enterprise throughout the lean deployment to help divisions learn, apply, and institutionalize the methodology.
- Communicates with leadership and process stakeholders. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships that enable the overall success of enterprise deployment.
- Establishes credibility for American Family lean effort in the processes community outside of American Family for purposes of recruiting and access to best practices.
- Directs the governance program to: ensure adherence to business process management standards; lead the creation and implementation of business process management standard methods and processes (includes the identification and distribution of organizational best practices) ; assist with development, maintenance, and communication of the American Family Enterprise standard for lean and lean deployment including language, tools, measures, and goals; set the training standard and development of training materials to be used for initial deployment at all levels of the company, onboarding of new employees, and continued maturation of lean capabilities among employees.
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (35%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (5%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 15% of the time.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience relationship building, counseling, consulting, and guiding strategic business decisions.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading the deployment a customer focused process improvement and program.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience delivering quantifiable process improvements through the use of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean or Six-Sigma.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of problem solving, process design and management tools, methods and practices.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!