Agency Platform Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Manages the personal and small commercial insurance activities of assigned platform agencies for operating results.
Individual contributor role responsible for development of new personal and small commercial business, and oversees the contractual negotiations and IT Interface for successful product deployments.
Collaborates with Product Managers and the Sales Director regarding trends, competition, and other important matters to achieve profitability in this growing agency distribution segment.
1. Collaborates with Product Management and other business partners to ensure production, quote, and profit objectives are achieved for personal and small commercial lines of business.
2. Responsible for segment profitable growth strategies by dissecting and managing data at a cellular level to optimize pricing, risk selection, portfolio mix, market segmentation and competitive position.
3. Responsible for prospecting and the appointment of new platform agencies with newly designed guidelines; implements plans with identifiable profit problems; terminate agencies not achieving desired performance objectives needs.
4. Responsible for Platform Agent training and on-boarding to capitalize on strengths and development of each new relationship.
5. Ability to manage the platform sales force in systematic agency diagnosis and execution; Including but not limited to understanding our company position within the agency and identifying inhibitors preventing the achievement of profitable growth
6. Manages the gathering of competitive intelligence, and makes recommendations for sales, products, or procedural enhancements.
7. Applying critical thinking skills to identify key business levers and priorities to drive the business. Communicating results and priorities to all levels of the organization.8. Maximizes the finite resources of the division(s).
Minimum Experience / Education:
- Have a minimum of 5 years underwriting and sales experience, including at least 2 years each personal and small commercial insurance.
- Minimum of 2 years in a management capacity.
- College degree is preferred; IIA Underwriting Programs including ARM, AU, API, or a combination of other equivalent programs; 5 parts CPCU and working towards completion; industry and community involvement a plus
Communication and Collaboration Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required for internal and external audiences with varying levels of expertise and understanding of our industry
- Communication must be clear, concise, professional, grammatically correct, and tailored to the level of the audience
- Effectively conduct meetings as necessary
- Familiar with agency management systems, internal systems providing agency-level information and sales call monitoring, internal quoting and issuing systems for personal and small commercial and internal product manuals and guidelines.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Problem Solving Listening and collaboration skills are needed to effectively understand and address issues.
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principal of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVR s).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.