Policy Services Technician
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is a regional insurance operation offering commercial property casualty coverages in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Named one of the Best Places to Work in Insurance since 2010, our employee centric culture encourages open communication and facilitates outstanding career opportunities.
We currently have an opening for a Policy Services Technician in our Pittsburgh, PA office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Prefer one year experience in rating/processing of all lines of commercial insurance written by BMAG; including but not limited to CGL, Property, Packages, BOP, Auto, Crime, IM, Umbrella and WC.
High School Diploma
Outstanding customer service skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Rate and Issue quotes, new business, renewals, endorsements, cancellations and reinstatements through the automated systems and other software programs.
· Review, analyze, and process change requests received from agents as directed.
· Take necessary action when requesting additional information needed to price, process and produce business.
· Provide timely, courteous and efficient service to all internal and external customers
· Communicate in a timely and positive manner.
· Document files with the appropriate rating information to assure activity, analysis and risk evaluation is clear, concise and completed, as directed.
· Maintain quality & production standards as established.
· Complete any indexing functions as needed in the region.
· Assist the underwriting staff as needed.
· Perform other duties as assigned.