At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison-East Regional Ofc
R1649 Customer Care Center Associate Representative (Evergreen) (Open)
A training position whereby the Associate Claim Representative learns, experiences, and develops multiple skills and activities required of a Claim Representative. Participates in required training activities, and learns investigation and settlement techniques necessary to begin to establish a career in Claims. Learns and develops an understanding of corporate procedures and philosophies. Thoroughly explains claim processes and focuses on providing outstanding, customer service while working diligently to meet customer needs. Facilitate continuous development of people, processes, and culture to ensure customer service industry leadership.
Acquiring Claims Knowledge (70%)
- Completes web training course . Training includes Claim System and various application trainings associated with claim processing.
- Attends a training program. Topics covered include: American Family policy and procedures, American Family company culture and its application to the Claim environment.
- Participates in an on-the-job training program and job shadowing experience to provide opportunity to apply claim processing knowledge gained through the Training program.
- Partners with Management to select and enroll in one to two American Family general education courses offered via the Learning Connection. In addition select and enroll in an Insurance industry course from either the Insurance Institute of America or the Associate in Claims Program
- Attends job specific training as required. This may include, physical damage and/or property estimatics, discipline specific software training, etc. This entry-level position is part of the Representative and Senior Representative job family for one of the following Care Center disciplines: Auto or Property.
Customer Service and Claim Handling (25%)
- Answer Calls from customers, agents, employees, vendors and third party administrators with supervision
- Takes First Notice of Loss (FNOL) information including taking statements with supervision.
- Informs caller of repair options and makes appointments when appropriate, including rental reservations, to meet the customers immediate needs with supervision.
- Provides customers needed recovery services with supervision
- Determines claim complexity and decides whether to handle to completion or refer to a higher levelwith supervision
- Initiates claim handling for Tier 1 and 2, completes settlement if possible with supervision
- Completes Tier 1 and 2 claims requiring follow-up with supervision
- Assigns Tier 3 and 4 claims to appropriate location with supervision
- Communicates with agency regarding claim related issues and status as necessary with supervision.
- Makes decisions within authority granted at the manager`s discretion, and requests additional authority when needed
Agency Relationship (5%)
- Establishes rapport with agents and builds on-going relationships by including agents in the claim handling process as appropriate.
- Partners with agency to provide seamless customer service. Jointly identifies opportunities for process improvements and establishes and implements action plans to address them.
- Facilitates communication between customers, agents, vendors, third party administrators and other employees. Proactively provides agents with important claim related information; provides all parties with claim process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Explains and discusses any circumstances that may affect customer service with agency, vendors, third part administrators or other claim personnel. Includes agents in problem resolution as appropriate.
- Provides agents with claim handling information via phone conversations, office visits or presentations at district meetings.
- This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Keyboarding/typing ability at 25 wpm.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!