At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison Natl HQ
R2249 Media Relations Student Internship (Open)
We are excited to offer a Media Relations Internship for the summer of 2017 (May- August), in our Madison, WI office. The purpose of the Media Relations Internship is to develop, establish and maintain the Communications Department strategies to meet organizational objectives. Effective management of assigned related activities will also be responsibilities of the position.The student intern works under the direction of a senior level employee or manager to complete projects or tasks that support the business area goals and results. Performs tasks by adapting to new or changing situations in a team environment. Gathers information, plans and organizes work efficiently and effectively. Applies and learns technical skills appropriate to the specific job assignment.
Intern works with media relations team to build understanding and support of the company through proactive and interactive interactions with reporters. Develops media relations plans and deliverables on company products, customer programs and service, and other achievements through media pitches, news releases, tweets, talking points, infographics, video and more. Posts content on the company's online newsroom and the department's Twitter account: @AmFamNews. Learns and applies on-camera and phone interview skills with news media. Serves as member of the media relations team on site for the American Family Insurance Championship, a PGA TOUR Champions golf event held in Madison in late June.
Primary AccountabilitiesSupports Division's Business Goals/Results (100%)
Responsibilities:Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Begins to develop an understanding of American Family's business environments, corporate culture and structure to support work initiatives.
- Maintains work efficiency and responds positively to a changing environment.
- Is open to and supports new ideas, systems and procedures. Generates creative ideas and actions in response to changing situations.
- Promptly adjusts strategies or tactics in situations where the current approaches are ineffective.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience working within a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of developing and managing project work.
- Must be in pursuit of a post-secondary degree or certificate during the semester of the internship.
- Pursuing post-secondary education in a related major to the internship.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!