At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison Natl HQ
R2060 Internal Controls Student Internship (Open)
Internship will focus on the following responsibilities:
•Execute test plans covering key financial controls and provide management with reports and conclusions as to the operating effectiveness of the controls
•Redesign control templates and reports
•Maintain control reference database
•Support maintenance of the electronic document management system
•Improve operational efficiency by recommending changes in the design of controls where appropriate
•Prepare ad-hoc reports and research as needed
•Obtain basic knowledge of audit standards and practices
•Obtain basic knowledge of the overall financial statement process
Preferred candidates will have the following:
•Pursuing a bachelor or master degree in Accounting or Finance (Junior standing or higher preferred)
•Exceptional phone, interpersonal, and communication skills
•Self-starter orientation and an ability to work independently and to self-direct one's activities is essential
•Attention to detail and good organizational skills
•Strong computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Outlook and MS Excel
•Prior office experience
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
We are excited to offer an Internal Controls Internship for the summer of 2016 (May to August), in our Madison, WI office. The purpose of the Internal Controls Internship is to develop, establish and maintain Internal Controls strategies to meet organizational objectives. Effective management of assigned related activities will also be responsibilities of the position.The student intern works under the direction of a senior level employee or manager to complete projects or tasks that support the business area goals and results. Performs tasks by adapting to new or changing situations in a team environment. Gathers information, plans and organizes work efficiently and effectively. Applies and learns technical skills appropriate to the specific job assignment.
Supports Division's Business Goals/Results (100%)
Responsibilities:Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Begins to develop an understanding of American Family's business environments, corporate culture and structure to support work initiatives.
- Maintains work efficiency and responds positively to a changing environment.
- Is open to and supports new ideas, systems and procedures. Generates creative ideas and actions in response to changing situations.
- Promptly adjusts strategies or tactics in situations where the current approaches are ineffective.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Basic analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience working within a team environment.
- Basic knowledge of developing and managing project work.
- Must be in pursuit of a post-secondary degree or certificate during the semester of the internship.
- Pursuing post-secondary education in a related major to the internship.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!