At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:
WI Madison Natl HQ
R1714 Data Analyst/Performance Analytics Senior Specialist (Open)
Life Performance Analytics Senior Specialists provide an overall, ongoing assessment of divisional analytics in relation to division plans, goals, strategies and operational effectiveness. They provide expertise and analysis to management on deviations impacting our ability to meet divisional goals and provide recommendations on how to manage those issues. In addition, Performance Analytics Senior Specialists perform financial analysis and development of forecasting models on division projects, and provide analytical recommendations that identify with the Life Company`s strategic directions.
The focus of this position will be on process automation. The preferred candidate will have strong SAS, VBA, and SQL skills, as well as the ability to screen scrape. Experience with Selenium is preferred, but not required.
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
Relocation assistance is available
Primary AccountabilitiesPerformance /Research Analytics Consulting (35%)
Data Governance (20%)
- Leads complex or new analysis efforts. Plans the analysis to be performed, identifies data sources, and coordinates the necessary research. Determines appropriate resources to continue analysis.
- Determines the approach necessary to get at the most reliable and accurate set of data from multiple sets to answer complex business questions. Uses hypothesis driven/fact-based analysis and presents actionable recommendations to leadership.
- Documents the research project findings, program processes, timelines, data sources, contacts, analyses, models, and software programs.
- Establishes measurements for new projects and initiatives. Meets with project owners to review metrics established in the functional requirements document.
- Identifies and works with key partners who are responsible for processes, systems, and enhancements. Serves as the contact for information to support metrics, reporting, research, mapping, and data mining expertise in Life.
- Locates, acquires, transforms, and analyzes data from a multitude of data sources. This requires the expert use of various sophisticated query and reporting, statistical, transformation, extraction and presentation tools.
- Develops performance metrics for the division`s business plan and goals. Analyzes and interprets research and benchmark data. Analyzes and communicates performance results compared with the business plan.
- Leads analytics integration with Corporate Strategy & Planning.
Tools and Analysis (15%)
- Develops processes, standards, and guidelines to ensure data quality and data security efforts and promotes adherence among business users. Provides training and communication for business users on data governance concepts and best practices.
- Works closely with Product Management, other business partners, and I/S to maintain consistency with data governance standards and guidelines. Develops and manages a testing methodology to ensure quality and completeness of the data warehouse environment.
- Develops and manages production data mart and reporting standards and guidelines. Develops and assists with maintenance of a metadata repository environment to support divisional and organizational needs. Aids business users with proper use and interpretation of metadata.
- Researches industry trends and best practices in data warehousing and business intelligence tools. Is able to identify opportunities and make recommendations. Collaborates with I/S for solutions and implementation.
- Develops response time standards for production reporting and ensures adherence to ensure flexible and timely decision-making.
- Serves as subject matter expert to data governance specialists to assist in complex needs of data governance and ensure proper understanding and support.
Process Improvement Analytics (10%)
- Creates forecasting models, methods and tools for the Life Company. Works with directors to educate them on the models and uses.
- Implements and refines forecasting models, methods and tools.
- Leads complex and/or high visibility forecasting and impact analysis efforts.
- Analyzes forecasts and develops reports with recommendations to division and cross-division leaders.
- Presents and defends recommendations to division and cross-division leaders.
- Mentors specialists in the operation and maintenance of forecasting models.
Capacity Model Development and Analysis (10%)
- Gathers information from multiple sources to ensure valid and reliable findings.
- Seeks out and evaluates appropriate methods and techniques for translating data into information and insights.
- Applies advanced analytical techniques and interprets their outcomes in proactive business terms. Ensures that research projects produce actionable insights that are effectively communicated.
- Conducts Ad hoc reporting and analysis of business problems.
Strategic Business Unit Support (10%)
- Analyzes workflows for functions that are to be modeled.
- Leads studies of activity volume and time measures.
- Develops and tests capacity models.
- Applies capacity models to perform complex analysis, and make data based recommendations.
- Works with directors and VP to explain the capacity models and recommendations developed from their use.
- Provides research and analysis on analytics regarding profit and growth issues.
- Provides information, data, analysis and recommendations to cross-functional P&G process (SBU process).
- In relation to Life analytics, develops and enhances agent business practices metrics.
- Works with Product Management to understand impact analysis on Life Company for SBU process action items.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience managing/leading projects.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of data analysis and statistical methods.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of data modeling tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data governance and data quality principles and practices.
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!