*Consumer Relations Associate I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Consumer Relations Associate provides support for front-line agents and is responsible for resolving customer requests from front-line agents/counselors, customers, and funeral homes. This may involve researching case history, contacting service providers, and interacting with other Assurant departments as needed to provide information and issue resolution. The Consumer Relations Associate may also handle customer service calls in times of high call volume. This position has a direct impact on the customer's satisfaction and experience with our company, products, and services. Successful Consumer Relations Associates are able to respond with empathy during difficult customer conversations, work collaboratively with other Assurant departments, and provide timely and accurate issue resolution within procedural guidelines. Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities: Answer requests and inquiries received via inbound phone calls, email, or chat queues and provide appropriate level of service and issue resolution according to company guidelines.
- Receive and answer inquires from front-line agents, counselors, policyholders, and funeral homes following defined processes and guidelines.
- Research case history and contact service providers or internal Assurant departments for additional information as necessary.
- Maintain and update multiple computer screens to complete and document requests.
- Appropriately escalate customer requests and issues when necessary according to guidelines.
- Balance workload based on business needs between paperwork and in-bound calls. Responsible for meeting deadlines and requirements.
- Understand how the Consumer Relations Associate role fits into the larger organizational context and actively support others in the achievement of common goals.
- Maintain professionalism with all contacts, both internal and external and treat individuals with respect.
- Participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A minimum of one year previous customer service experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to satisfactorily resolve customer requests
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic computer skills including experience moving between multiple computer screens while entering data
- One year experience working in a call center environment meeting service standard requirements
- Prior exposure to the insurance industry and/or knowledge of insurance processes
- Bilingual a plus