Mail Print Services Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute and administer the budget for the Print/Mail Services department.
- Manage personnel and equipment to meet required SLA agreements written for Print/Mail deliverables.
- Assigns personnel to operate equipment, perform mail assemble and delivery tasks to optimize routine and ad-hoc production print and mail requirements.
- Monitors hardware to ensure reliable operation, makes pro-active hardware service calls to reduce or prevent downtime. Provides to senior management equipment and capacity planning recommendations.
- Develops and maintains statistics and graphics on production outputs and expenses in each area of responsibility.
- Consistently motivates staff to maintain a high level of productivity, quality of work output, and dependable attendance.
- Staffs and maintains assigned storage areas. Ensures accuracy of inventory, promotes SAFETY, and enforces neatness and cleanliness.
- Provides safe and secure transport of mail from and to USPS facilities. Provides safe transport to and from storage facilities as needed regarding day-to-day supply requests.
- Manages and trains staff in all functional areas pertaining to current print management software.
- Effectively works with other location specific members of the enterprise Print/Mail leadership team to ensure uninterrupted Print/Mail services in a DR or cross site workload leveling.
- Effectively manages problems, hardware calls, or interruptions of service using documented processes for ESD ticket utilization.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the operation of a remote warehouse facility.
- Others duties as may be assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Know how to operate, train staff on, and oversee all assigned departmental equipment.
- Folder/ inserters machines, including barcode scanning equipment.
- Application of appropriate postage to metering machines.
- Personal computer associated with USPS/UPS shipping and various management tracking functions.
- Departmental personnel time reporting and tracking.
- Maintains online ordering system, internet tracking of shipments, and USPS regulations and information.
- Ensures the effective use of Incident and Problem management system and procedures by all assigned personnel.
- Recruits, develops, trains, and retains a competent staff of team members for the varied jobs in the print and mail services department.
- Oversees proper operator level maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Develops departmental training for operators on all equipment.
- Performs annual reviews, manages professional development and salary administration.
- Creates and maintains department personnel schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Reviews and maintains all departmental reporting requirements internal and customer facing.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
The incumbent must possess these skills and abilities, or explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- Resolve staffing, scheduling, and workload conflicts so maximum value to company is obtained including multiple shift schedules.
- MS Office Suite proficiency especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Match resources to needs and prioritize work associated with physical moves and remodeling.
- College degree or equivalent training or experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience with increasing responsibilities in a business environment.
- Proven leadership abilities with sound human relations skills.
- Good communication skills with people in all roles.
- Experience with mainframe printers, postage meters, UPS computers, and other related mail-handling equipment.
- Good working knowledge of US Postal Service regulations.
- Experience with inventory control and warehouse operations.
- Knowledge of and experience with Disaster Recovery plan creation and execution is preferred.
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.