- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for assigned functions in support of the General Counsel including licensing, legislative and regulatory routing and compliance systems, corporate secretary, corporate litigation, compliance and regulatory, compliant administration, file and matter management, advertising review.
- Reviews and analyzes new and amended laws and regulations, conducts legal and regulatory research and with the oversight of attorneys makes recommendations as to actions necessary to comply with laws and regulations.
- Develops summary reports, spreadsheets, and procedures.
- Coordinates and drafts responses to information requests.
- Assists in drafting and reviewing documents and reports required to be filled with regulatory agencies.
- Manages assigned department operations, systems, and processes.
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Provides back up to other legal support positions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least 5 years of legal secretarial, paralegal or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Paralegal training preferred
- Experience in insurance industry is desirable
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.