Business Intelligence Developer II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
- Must be able to translate user requests into logical computer instructions with moderate direction from supervisor or manager.
- Required to debug program code which requires knowledge of test procedures and business functions of the software in question.
- Must be able to prioritize own work during the work day.
- Must be able to allocate appropriate time among multiple tasks during the work day.
- Must be able to resolve “on call” situations in a timely manner in order to meet Service Level Agreements for data availability.
- Must be able to create proof of concepts of new technology with appropriate direction from supervisor or manager.
- Must perform any and all tasks necessary to comply with all legal requirements particularly with those requirements surrounding the development of data or software involving financial reporting.
- A four year college degree in any mathematics or computer science field is required. A rare exception may be granted for someone with a two year degree and 2 years of experience for an exceptional candidate.
- Must have at least one year of pertinent work experience.
- Demonstrates continuing education related to IT and/or Insurance knowledge.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team including appropriate communication and social skills.
- Must have an aptitude for data manipulation and software engineering.
- May begin to demonstrate an aptitude for business, technology, and/or project management roles.
- Must have an ability to build relationships.
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.