- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Motivate case managers to achieve production standards, exercise compassion, and good judgement when making business decisions.
- Provide accurate and efficient processing of approximately 2,000 new business applications per month.
- Encourage case managers to convey a helpful, professional, and positive attitude toward the field force, and policyholders, when a special service is required.
- Ordering, receiving, and following up on approximately 500 new requirements per day.
- Providing a smooth interface between the various computer systems, the Underwriters, and the additional new business and post issue functions.
- Formulating, presenting, and executing new and more efficient methods of processing work with less expense.
- Providing better, faster, and more professional information to the field and policyholders concerning problem pending cases.
- Report and assess the amount of daily underwriter and clerical backlog in order to recommend overtime as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in administration management, preferably in the new business area.
- Bachelor's degree in management or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in Underwriter Operation with special emphasis in requirement processing confidentiality of underwriting material, and workflow management.
- Must have the ability to plan and organize work effectively and maintain a good understanding of current management techniques.
- Must have proven success in dealing with difficult, demanding people in the course of doing business and be able to work under pressure.
- Prefer minimum of LOMA 1, 2, and 3 and Customer Service Certificate.
- Must have good communication skills and be trained in use of Microsoft Office products.
- Must provide leadership and discipline.
- Must be able to lead through example and have a thorough knowledge of the job, all supporting systems, and equipment used in Life New Business.
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.