Systems Programmer - IBM Mainframe
- Career Level
- Not Specified
IBM Mainframe Analyst
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Applications Development staff to assist them with systems related applications development problem solving exercises.
- Analyze available tools on a daily basis to ensure systems performance conforms to established service levels.
- Participate with Systems Programming team members as necessary to debug systems issues and come to sound conclusions quickly. Assist in installation, configuration and monitoring of computing systems software.
- Assist in monitoring systems resources to ensure that systems software is operating within established performance guidelines.
- Assist in documentation and training of infrastructure technologies as needed.
- Assist Application Development staff with project implementations to ensure necessary infrastructure support is adequate to meet project deliverables.
- Assist Applications Development staff with day-to-day problem analysis and debugging as necessary.
- Assist in ensuring company goals for computing systems availability are met.
- Assist with disaster recovery problem solving exercises.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Information Technology field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years' experience directly related to Systems Programming responsibilities.
- IBM mainframe skill set in z/VM, z/VM Communication server (TCP/IP and VTAM), Linux Red Hat, performance and capacity skills as it relates to z/VM. Also z/OS, z/OS Communication server (TCP/IP and VTAM)
- Working understanding of operating systems principals and corollary technologies.
- Working understanding of system backup and recovery methods and techniques including disaster recovery processes.
- Knowledgeable in software installation processes, techniques and vendor provided procedures.
- Able to be on-call 24x7, expected to respond to wide range of hardware and software problems.
- Knowledge of maintenance best practice processes and formal change-management procedures
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve quickly server issues on critical business systems
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully perform job duties with moderate supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to complete project assignments successfully
- Knowledge of infrastructure maintenance best practice processes and formal change-management procedures