- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Assist in commission schedule rate changes. Modify the systems by changing agent contract codes, agent mode of payment, commission cycles, renewal rate, agent information, and percentage rates.
- Process agent complaints and inquires involving commission schedule changes, payment cycle changes, system problems preventing timely commission payments, and reversals of premium creating chargebacks to agent commission
- Assist in monitoring the Agent contract rate codes. Work closely with Health System Support, Agent licensing and Marketing departments to assure that we have the correct values, rates and agent information
- Work closely with other areas of the Health Division to make certain that we have all proper information available and help to work out any problems that arise between areas, such as the Policy Service department for reversals of premiums which adversely affect debits in commission and the Issue department for correcting agent information and policies not showing as issued
- Maintain the monthly reconciliation of the Agent Debit Balance.
- Commission processes are very time critical. Jobs are run mid-week, end of week, twice a month, and month end varying with each Agency force
- Must effectively and economically perform the activities of the Health Commission Department assuring competent administration.
- Performs related and other assigned duties as required or directed by management.
- 3 years of insurance or monetary related experience or 2 years college or business courses.
- Must possess thorough communication skills in order to handle varied and complex problems that arise regarding the Agent contract
- Requires general skills in the areas of supervision, planning, training and human relations. Must have an in-depth knowledge of general insurance principles
- Strong leadership qualities are a plus.
- Must have general knowledge of Agent Licensing.
- Familiar with the general accounting.
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.