- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
Location: Glenmont, NY
American National is currently seeking a Programmer Analyst for our Glenmont, NY location (Farm Family Insurance). This position is responsible for the writing and testing of software code related to our Commercial policy administration system.
Specific functions of this title include:
- Ability to create innovative solutions to existing problems
- Translate user requests into logical computer instructions
- Debug program code
- Represent IT during business meetings
- Support the development of an object-oriented policy administration system using a proprietary toolset
- 2 year degree in an IT related field, or Business degree with software programming courses completed.
- Willingness to participate in additional insurance and IT training/testing as required
- Knowledge of SQL and/or XML a plus
- 1 year of hands-on IT experience a plus
- Experience using Accenture Duck Creek's Author toolset a plus!
- Energetic and engaging self-starters possessing strong analytical, communication, organizational and technology skills.
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.