- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
The Senior Staff Analyst is Responsible for the Delivery of the corporate meaningful Information and the Overall Architecture of the Data Delivery Solutions using Cognos and SAS platform. The Senior Staff Analyst will Support the Underwriter community with their reporting/analytical needs and ensure the quality of the data presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the efforts in building high end SAS modeling but not limited to:
- Underwriting – determine the value in medical and other questionnaires for new policies, and propose an optimal path for underwriting to reduce costs and maximize risk visibility
- Develop, maintain, and manage Cognos cubes, transformer models, and Framework Manager
- Monitor and support multiple jobs, scripts, and events
- Deploy and support Cognos reports, ad-hoc packages, and OLAP cubes
- Continually monitor and tune the performance of the platform
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Determine how Business Intelligence (BI) will provide the information required to make effective business decisions; Translating requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools.
- Guide the users (Underwriter mainly) in how to use BI in their day-to-day activities.
- Develop relationships with the users that foster client ties.
- Works closely with the users and the technical teams in prioritizing data and information requirements.
- Helps manage user expectations effectively.
- Support User Acceptance Testing effort.
- Conduct training classes to the users
- Understand business workflows to technically incorporate them.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
First and foremost we require individuals with outstanding communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical ideas to non-technical people. Additionally they should also possess as many of the following as possible:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 4-7 years of experience administering large-scale, enterprise Cognos 8/10 environments
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in SAS modeling
- Proficiency with Report Studio, Advanced Report Authoring using Cognos Analysis Studio, Business Insight Advanced, and OLAP cubes
- Excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of Data Analysis
- Ability to function, prioritize, and execute tasks in high-pressure altering environment
- Ability to Self-Direct with keen attention to detail
- Ability to conceptually understand the direction for the organizations objectives and goals.
- Data Warehousing Study.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic team
- A real passion for creating leading edge solutions to complex business problems
- The ability to achieve a balance between the right technical and business solution
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
- A 'can do' attitude
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.